Terms & Conditions
PART I - GENERAL
By using or visiting the Site, for purchase otherwise, (and this includes visiting the site whether or not you are participating in any commerce), you expressly agree to be bound and abide by these Terms & Conditions as well as all applicable laws and regulations governing the Site. If you do not agree to these terms, you must terminate your use of the Site.
1- Customer information
In order to use certain Freemeals.ca services and advantages, you may be asked to provide personal information (i.e. identification, contact information, etc.) as part of the registration process, or as part of your continued use of our services. In order to use our site in good faith, you must agree that any information you enter while registering with Freemeals.ca will be accurate, correct and up-to-date.
2- Customer passwords and account security
3- Electronic communications
Freemeals.ca will communicate with its Customers electronically, primarily through e-mail. As a Customer, you give consent that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
5- Lawful use
The Customer shall not use the Site for any unlawful purpose. Strictly prohibited actions include transmitting material: (i) that is unlawful, abusive, profane, obscene, vulgar, defamatory, threatening, invasive of publicity or privacy rights, or otherwise objectionable; (ii) that violates or infringes upon the rights of others in any way; (iii) that encourages others to commit unlawful acts; (iv) that contains publicity, advertising, or solicitation for goods or services that did not receive prior approval from Freemeals.ca; (v) that prevents other Customers from using and enjoying the Site.
6- Ownership Copyright and Trade-marks
Unless otherwise indicated, the Site contains proprietary materials that Customer acknowledges and undertakes to not reproduce without express written authorization from Freemeals.ca. These materials include without limitation, any and all text, images, marks, logos and other content contained herein, including, without limitation, the Freemeals.ca trade-mark and logo and all designs, text, graphics, pictures, information, data, software code, sound files, other files, and the selection and arrangement thereof, including custom graphics, button icons, and/or trade dress (collectively, the "Site Content"). The Site Content is the proprietary property of Freemeals.ca or its affiliated companies, partners, or content suppliers, all of which are protected by Canadian and international copyright laws. Freemeals.ca, its logo, and all other product or service names or slogans displayed on the Site are registered and/or common law trade-marks of Freemeals.ca and/or its suppliers or licensors, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the express written consent of Freemeals.ca or the applicable trademark holder.
All other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and company names or logos mentioned on the Site are the property of their respective owners. Reference to any products, services, processes or other information, by trade name, trade-mark, manufacturer, and supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof by Freemeals.ca.
Any violation of this policy may result in a copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right infringement recourses, and may subject the end Customer to civil and/or criminal penalties.
7- Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
Freemeals.ca makes no warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the Site or the content, information, products, or services that is featured on the Site. We provide this Site on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
The Customer agrees to use this Site at his or her own risk. The Customer expressly understands and agrees that Freemeals.ca, its employees, officers, shareholders, contractors, agents, affiliated parties, or any person or entity involved in creating, producing, posting or distributing Freemeals.ca content, will under no circumstances be liable for damages, including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, or consequential damages arising out of the use or inability to use the Site, no matter how such damages may have occurred.
Neither Freemeals.ca, nor any third parties providing content or services, shall be liable for any errors, inaccuracies, omissions or other defects in the information contained on this site, or for any delay or interruption in the transmission thereof to the Customer, or for any claims or losses arising from this, regardless of their cause or duration.
To the full extent permissible by applicable law, Freemeals.ca disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties on the part of our merchant partners for a particular purpose. Freemeals.ca does not warrant that this site, its servers, or emails sent from the Site are free from harmful components, such as viruses.
The Customer agrees to indemnify and hold Freemeals.ca, its affiliates, and each of their advertisers, agents, licensors, suppliers, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, service providers and other contractors (collectively, "Free Meals Group"), harmless from any loss, liability, claim or demand, (including but not limited to reasonable attorneys’ fees, accounting expenses, and legal costs), made by any third party arising from or related to (a) access to or use of Freemeals.ca and services, including, without limitation, Customer or others` access to content or other materials available by means of the web site or third-party web sites, or Customer purchasing of goods or services from third parties; (b) Customer’s violation of these terms or breach of these terms, including, without limitation, any representation or warranty contained in this agreement; or (c) content or information on any products, postings, offerings, data or materials. The Free Meals Group will have the right, but not the obligation, to participate through counsel of their choice of any defense by Customer or of any claim as to which Customer is required to defend, indemnify or hold harmless the Freemeals.ca indemnified parties (i.e. "indemnified claim`). Customer may not settle any indemnified claim without the prior written consent of the concerned Freemeals.ca indemnified parties.
PART II - FREEMEALS.CA SAVINGS PROGRAMS (BONUS MEALS, REDEEMABLE POINTS, VOUCHERS AND COUPONS)
The Freemeals.ca programs include the following programs (“Programs”), the Terms & Conditions of which are explained in detail below. The role of Freemeals.ca in managing the Programs is that of a marketing agent for participating restaurants and merchants (herein designated as “Restaurants and/or Merchants”). The Merchants or Restaurants not Freemeals.ca are the sellers of the goods or services which you are purchasing. All Programs are subject to compliance with Provincial and Federal statutes as well as Municipal codes or by-laws by Restaurants and Merchants.
The Programs are:
- FREE BONUS MEALS PROGRAM
- REDEEMABLE POINT DEALS PROGRAM
- DAILY DEALS AND PAST DEALS VOUCHER PROGRAM
- PRINT & PRESENT COUPON DEALS PROGRAM
- FREE BONUS MEALS PROGRAM
- For this section, “Restaurant” shall be defined as one that offers food or beverages for sale in its regular business operations and which authorized by Freemeals.ca to give free bonus meals (“Free Bonus Meals”) to purchasers. Participating Restaurants are selected by Freemeals.ca on the basis of their sustained prior reputation. We want you to come back again and again! However, Freemeals.ca does not and will not exercise any control over participating Restaurants, which are independent businesses.
- Restaurant will issue a numbered Customer card (“Card”) to record Paid Meals each time you visit the Restaurant in question. Restaurant will automatically record in a centralized system each of your Paid Meals upon presentation of your Card. In the event of any doubt between the number of Paid Meals credited, the Site records will prevail. In the case of a technical error, Freemeals.ca has the entire discretion to correct that technical error, to the best of its knowledge.
- Although not mandatory, we encourage Customers to register their Cards on our online website (Freemeals.ca) in order to benefit from our Redeemable Points Deals Program and Daily Deal or Past Deal Voucher Program (below).
- Restaurant has full discretion to determine the number of pre paid meals required before offering a Free Bonus Meal. In some places you may be required to have accumulated 5 paid meals (“Paid Meals”), in others 10 or 15. Although we encourage all participating Restaurants to make their required number as appealing as possible, Freemeals.ca does not exercise control over such decisions and will not be responsible for any failure or disagreement between a Customer and a participating Restaurant. The Freemeals website may post the number of Paid Meals required for any Restaurant in order to give a Free Bonus Meal. Customer is however encouraged to confirm beforehand with the participating Restaurant the actual number of Paid Meals required in each establishment.
- The Restaurant may choose at any time and without notice to change the number of Paid Meals required before offering a Free Bonus Meal. However, the number of points held by the Customer in the Redeemable Points Program will not be affected by this change from the Restaurant.
- The Restaurant may choose at any time and without notice to end or modify the Free Bonus Meal offer. In such case, Freemeals.ca or the Restaurant will in no way be held responsible.
- Customer is not entitled to claim a Free Bonus Meal with any other Restaurant by the same name (i.e. chain restaurants) unless expressly provided.
- Restaurants are entitled to select which meals or “combos” that will be recognized by them as Paid Meals for the purpose of obtaining a Free Bonus Meal. Paid Meals may vary from Restaurant to Restaurant, at their discretion and according to each one’s menu. Alcoholic beverages may be included, at the sole discretion of the Restaurant, in whole or in part, as a Paid Meal, subject to compliance with applicable law.
- Paid Meals cannot be combined with third party certificates, vouchers, coupons, or promotions, unless otherwise specified by the Restaurant.
- Paid Meals include the amounts for sales taxes, but not tips or prior balances, unless permitted by the Restaurant. Paid Meals include dine-in, take-out meals or any other product or service, at the sole discretion of the Restaurant.
- Neither Freemeals.ca nor the participating Restaurants are responsible for lost or stolen Customer cards or card numbers.
- Reproduction, sale or trade of an issued Freemeals.ca Customer card is prohibited.
- REDEEMABLE POINT DEALS PROGRAM (RESTAURANTS ONLY)
- This program allows you to accumulate points on any of the selected purchases from participating Restaurants. Tracking of your redeemable points requires that you register online. A unique registration number is then issued to you (via e-mail). Selected purchases include purchases at any participating Restaurant of any food, beverage or any other product or service determined by Freemeal.ca, not only for pre-determined Paid Meals.
- The points accumulated, can be redeemed for travel rewards, cash back, and other future options as may be determined by Freemeals.ca.
- As those travel rewards and any future options determined by Freemeals.ca are executed by a third party, Freemeals.ca or the Restaurants are not responsible for the service or product given by this third party, and will in no way be held responsible for any damage or loss in connection with this service or product. For example, the travel agency is responsible for the service they give, not Freemeals.ca. Customer has no recourse to Freemeals.ca for any dispute or failure by third party.
- Registrant must present his card to Restaurant at moment of purchase for automatic recordal of points. A card can be obtained from any participating Restaurant or through our online customer service. Points will be credited to Customer’s online account automatically by Restaurant upon any purchase of product or service determined by Freemeal.ca or the Restaurant.
- Points are credited as follows: 1.5 % of total dollars spent. Example: 1000$ cumulated purchases times 1.5% entitles you to 15$ in cash value. A minimum balance of 3000 points is required to receive a cash payment (by mail, on demand). If redemption is for travel prizes, a minimum of 10, 000 points is required. The rate of points earned per dollar spent can be changed at any time without prior notice by Freemeal.ca.
- In the case of a technical error (for example: 10 000 points is credited instead of 10 points), Freemeals.ca has the entire discretion to correct that technical error, to the best of its knowledge.
- A registered online customer (“Registrant”) is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of its registered number.
- Although we will do our best to remain consistent as to the available rewards and the number of accumulated points required to earn them, Freemeals.ca reserves the right to make changes without prior notice.
- DAILY DEALS OR PAST DEALS VOUCHER PROGRAM
- The “Daily Deals Program” consists in an offer from a participating Restaurant or Merchant, appearing on the Freemeals.ca website (or third party linked site), and is subject to a minimum number of bids placed by interested Customers, within the specified deadline. A new offer might not necessarily be presented daily.
- “Past Deals”, are previously displayed Daily Deals for which the offering Merchant has extended the bidding period deadline.
- If a bid is successful, the Customer must pay for the Deal, after which the Customer will receive by e-mail a Daily Deal or Past Deal voucher (herein “Voucher”) confirming the successful bid and purchase thereof. To redeem the Voucher, Customer must present it in person to the Restaurant or Merchant, within the specified time limit.
- Customer is required to create an account in order to purchase any Voucher.
- A Voucher purchased through Freemeals.ca is redeemable for goods or services by the Restaurant or Merchant at a discount from their regular price.
- By placing an order for a Voucher through Freemeals.ca, you make an offer to purchase the Vouchers you have selected. Once paid, said purchase may not be cancelled other than if the minimum number of bids for said Daily Deal or Past Deal is not met.
- Vouchers cannot be used for taxes, tips, prior balances or for alcohol purchases, unless permitted by the Restaurant or Merchant and in all cases is subject to compliance with applicable laws.
- Issued Vouchers have no cash value. They must be redeemed in stores and in the manner set forth in the purchase of the offer.
- No amount of money will be awarded during the exchange of Voucher, or at any other time, unless required by applicable law.
- Redemption of Vouchers is subject to the limitations and rules established by the Merchant in question.
- Vouchers may not be available for use and redemption by individuals located outside Canada.
- Reproduction, sale or trade of a Voucher is prohibited unless done so in compliance with applicable law.
- Vouchers cannot be combined with any other Restaurant or Merchant vouchers, third party certificates, coupons, or promotions, unless otherwise specified by the Restaurant or Merchant.
- A Voucher redeemed against a good or service worth less than the face value of the Voucher can be eligible for a credit or a sum of money equivalent to the balance, at the discretion of the Merchant.
- All purchases of Vouchers for Restaurants may have statutory limitations on the amount of the Voucher value that can be redeemed for alcoholic beverages. Merchant Voucher may be applied only to merchandise sold by Merchant, and may not be applied to shipping or handling charges.
- Limit one (1) Voucher per redemption. Only one Voucher can be used per order unless otherwise specified by Restaurant or Merchant.
- The issuing of credit is at the sole discretion of the Merchant unless otherwise required by law.
- Neither Freemeals.ca nor the Restaurant or Merchant is responsible for lost or stolen Vouchers or Voucher’s reference number.
- The Restaurant or Merchant, not Freemeals.ca, is the seller of the Voucher and the associated goods or services. Restaurant or Merchant is responsible for redeeming any Voucher purchased through Freemeals.ca. Customer has no recourse to Freemeals.ca for any dispute or failure by Restaurant or Merchant to honor a Voucher including but not limited to, bankruptcy or business closure.
- Any attempt to exchange a Voucher that does not comply with these Terms & Conditions, or which was acquired by fraud, will void the Voucher.
- PRINT & PRESENT COUPON DEALS PROGRAM
The Print & Present Coupon Deals Program is similar to a regular discount coupons you may sometimes receive through the mail on flyers, through postal mail (“herein Coupons”). The difference is simplicity with Freemeals.ca. You only need to go to the Freemeals.ca website, print a paper copy of a Coupon we offer and present it to the participating Restaurant or Merchant, within the specified time limit. For now the coupons must be printed, but soon we you will be able to scan and present the appropriate QR code from your mobile device.Issued coupons have no cash value. Any attempt to exchange coupon that does not comply with these Terms & Conditions, or which was acquired by fraud, will void the coupon.
- Customers’ satisfaction is the number one priority at Freemeals.ca, therefore we have our 14-day money-back guarantee.
- Up to 14 days after the purchase date and as long as your voucher has not been used or expired, you can get your money back, no questions asked, UNLESS stated otherwise in the details section of the deal.
- Regardless the reason, your refund request will be honored. Simply contact our customer service department within 14 days from your purchase date and we will reimburse the sum on your credit card. Please allow up to 2 weeks for the refund to appear on your credit card statement.
- Once the voucher has expired, you will not be able to get a refund from Freemeals.ca. However, the voucher could be exchanged (for the length of time required by law) with the Merchant for the Paid Value (not Promotional value), with respect to the applicable law.
- Please keep in mind, that it is the Merchant and not Freemeals.ca who is responsible for providing services and honoring the voucher (Paid value) after expiration.
- Our regular 14 day return policy does not apply on products that require shipment. However, your order can be cancelled or modified at any time while the deal is happening. Once the offer is closed, Freemeals.ca does not offer any refunds or exchanges on products requiring shipment.
- Only manufacturer’s warranty will be applied on merchandise once the deal is over. But, no worries, authenticity and good quality of our products are certified by our experienced team of buyers.
- If your products appeared to be damaged upon reception or the number of items does not correspond to your initial order, contact us at email@example.com within 3 business days after delivery date. We will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to continue from there. Please note, that you will not be penalized under these circumstances.
- If the items you ordered are defective (exception: if your article is damaged upon reception, please see above), only the manufacturer`s warranty can be applied starting from the purchase date. Freemeals.ca does not offer any returns or refunds for products purchased.
Additional Terms & Conditions for Vouchers and Coupons
As a holder and issuer of the Voucher or Coupons, the Restaurant or Merchant shall be fully responsible for any and all injuries, illnesses, damages, claims, liabilities and costs suffered by or in respect of a customer, caused in whole or in part by the Restaurant or the Merchant, as well as for any unclaimed property liability arising from unredeemed Vouchers or Coupons or portions thereof. Customer waives, and releases Freemeals.ca and its officers, directors, employees and agents from, any claim, liabilities, damages, or injury arising from or related to any act or omission of the Restaurant or Merchant in connection with a Voucher or Coupon, the services/goods provided in connection therewith and/or as it relates to compliance with applicable other laws relating to the redemption of Vouchers or Coupons or any portion thereof. Vouchers and Coupons are redeemable in their entirety and on a one time basis only and may not be redeemed incrementally.
Online Registration for purchase and redemption
This is required so we can provide you with easy access to print Vouchers and to ensure permissible use thereof, to view your past purchases and accumulated point, to receive via email all new offers or promotions, and to modify your preferences.
If you have any questions regarding these Terms & Conditions or your use of the Site, please contact us at support@FreeMeals.ca